SimStat What’s New
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 2.6?
1. REFRESHED LOOK
Users will immediately notice SimStat 2.6’s updated interface. We have implemented a more modern-looking design, with additional icons for ease-of-use.
2. PROJECTS ARE NOW STORED IN A SINGLE FILE
Simstat data files are now stored in a single file (with a .ppj file extension), providing an easier way to manage projects (delete, rename, move, etc.). This will allow projects to be stored on folders synchronized through a network or in online storage (Dropbox, SkyDrive, etc.). Consequently, changes will no longer be saved automatically on disk, but will require the use of new, yet familiar SAVE and SAVE AS commands.
3- SUPPORT OF THE REPORT MANAGER
SimStat now integrates the Report Manager features introduced in QDA Miner 3.0, allowing users to store documents, tables, graphics, and text outputs produced by QDA Miner, WordStat and now SimStat in a single location. The Report Manager is structured in an outline, allowing users to easily view, edit, reorganize and write draft versions of reports.
4. NEW, EASIER TO USE FILE CREATION AND VARIABLE ADDITION DIALOG BOX.
We have improved the dialogue boxes for project creation and for adding new variables to provide a more consistent interface between QDA Miner and Simstat.
5. SUPPORT OF QDA MINER CASE DESCRIPTORS
The SimStat case label feature has been improved to support the QDA Miner case descriptor feature.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 2.5?
1. New factor analysis module (formerly Easy Factor Analysis add-on).
- Image covariance or principal components and principal axis analysis on up to 2000 variables.
- QType factor analysis
- Number of factors extracted can be set manually or adjusted to a minimum eigenvalue criteria
- Scree plot of eigenvalues.
- Optional varimax orthogonal rotation of factor loadings.
- Optional printing of descriptive statistics and correlation matrix for all the variables in the data set.
- Printing of unrotated and/or rotated factor solutions.
- Can compute factor scoring weights for both the rotated and unrotated solutions.
- Factor scores can be displayed on screen or saved on disk
2. New classical item analysis module (formely StatItem add-on) for scale development and testing of multiple-choice item questionnaires.
- Can perform item analysis on questionnaires with up to 2000 items.
- Missing values can be excluded (case wise) or treated as incorrect responses.
- Item statistics (frequency & percentage of endorsement, item-total biserial & point-biserial correlation, Cronbach’s alpha if item deleted, user defined discrimination index).
- Item-total endorsement rate matrix and item characteristic curves (based on original scores or smoothed data)
- Item-total response breakdown to compare the percentage of correct responses among several groups of equal size (between 2 and 10 groups)
- Scale total statistics (mean, median, minimum and maximum, standard deviation, standard error, skewness, kurtosis, Cronbach’s alpha, Ferguson discrimination index, etc)
- Summary statistics on percent correct, biserial and point-biserial correlations.
- Frequency distribution of total scores.
- Option to save scale totals on disk.
3. Importation of Microsoft Accesss data files.
4. Notebook window now stores results in Rich Text Format (fixed font).
- Ability to change font attributes (bold, italic, strikeout, underline, color).
- Ability to highlight text.
- Ability to print highlighted outputs and export them to RTF files.
5. Web update provides an easy way to get interim releases of SimStat.
Hier geht es weiter
Sie möchten kaufen?
Was sagen unsere Kunden über uns?
Thank you very much for all of the help that you and your colleagues have provided! I really appreciate the quick response to my email. I was worried my email wouldn’t be addressed, but I see that your company really cares about going above and beyond the expectations of the user.JD, Denver, USA
Adept are continuing to be the most reliable and effective of all the technical helpline staff that I encounter.MD, Worcs, UK
Thank you so much for all your help this morning. Endnote works just fine now and I’m enjoying working on this editorial. I am almost tempted to add your name as a co-author, but the journal won’t allow it! Thanks again.DR RD
Very helpful in providing advice on which courses were applicable. Very clear. Checked with trainees to ensure the pace was accurate. Very aware of individual needs of trainees without letting individual issues take over. My interaction with Adept has always been very good. Staff are helpful, efficient and responsive.Dr C Stott, Cambridge, UK
Zur Zeit ist es uns leider nicht möglich die folgenden Produkte anzubieten. Wir arbeiten jedoch daran Ihnen ein möglichst vielfältiges Produktsortiment zur Verfügung zu stellen. Bitte kontaktieren Sie uns wenn Sie Fragen oder Anregungen haben.