Address MPI application behavior, bottlenecks, and performance with this powerful MPI software tool for Windows* and Linux*. Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector is only available as part of Intel® Cluster Studio 2013 or Intel® Cluster Studio XE 2017.
Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector is a graphical tool for understanding MPI application behavior, quickly finding bottlenecks, improving correctness, and achieving high performance for parallel cluster applications based on Intel architecture. New features include trace file comparison, counter data displays, extensively detailed and aligned timelines, and an MPI correctness checking library. Improve weak and strong scaling for small and large applications all with Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector MPI software.
- Visualise and understand parallel application behavior
- Evaluate profiling statistics and load balancing
- Analyse performance of subroutines or code blocks
- Learn about communication patterns, parameters, and performance data
- Identify communication hotspots
- Decrease time to solution and increase application efficiency
- A unique MPI Correctness Checker detects deadlocks, data corruption, and errors with MPI parameters, data types, buffers, communicators, point-to-point messages and collective operations.
- The Correctness Checker allows the user to scale to extremely large systems and detect errors even among a large number of processes.
Interface and Displays
- Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector includes full-color customizable GUI with many drill-down view options.
- The analyzer is able to extremely rapidly unwind the call stack and use debug information to map instruction addresses to source code.
- With both command-line and GUI interfaces, the user can additionally set up batch runs or do interactive debugging.
- Low overhead allows random access to portions of a trace, making it suitable for analyzing large amounts of performance data.
- Thread safety allows you to trace multithreaded MPI applications for event-based tracing as well as non-MPI threaded applications.
Instrumentation and Tracing
- Low-intrusion instrumentation supports MPI applications with C, C++, or Fortran.
- Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector automatically records performance data from parallel threads in C, C++, or Fortran.